Welcome to the Need to Know Section! Here you will find frequent updates on different things that will assist you in becoming an Active DEN member. Rather than creating multiple posts on this topic, as new things arrive, I will edit this box. So here we go…
Welcome to the DEN: Download this link to find out some of the great things you have access to as a DEN Member. Download congratulations_accept_letter.doc
Training Kits: Do you host trainings at your school? This could be with smaller grade level groups or with the entire staff. If you do then you definitely want to order a "Training Kit" Your kit will include a few items to pass out as prizes as well as 10 unitedstreaming userguides. When you are ready to order your kit, please fill out the attached form and email it to Jannita_Demian@discovery.com You may order up to 4 kits per year. Make sure you allow at least 10 days. Here’s the form to download Download training_kit_order_form.doc
Get "Activity Points" If you host a training, make sure you get DEN "Activity Credit" Throughout the year, we will hold a variety of different contests for teachers who have held trainings. Make sure you get your name in the loop by completing the attached form and emailing it to Jannita_Demian@discovery.com any time you complete a training. Download events_report.xls
How to be Active: There are several ways to be active in our DEN. Here are some examples.
- Attend a DEN Event. You will find many of these under the calendar feature of the DEN website.
- Post a comment or subscribe to the Blog
- Upload resources to the DEN Website. There are several great resources already published… add yours! These projects do not have to contain embedded video or hyperlinks. We are looking for terrific examples of technology. Download this form for step by step instructions on how to upload resources. Download uploading_resources_compact.doc
- Add comments to or create new strands on the Discussion Boards of the DEN website.
- Conduct trainings. Help your grade level team or your entire staff learn to integrate technology and unitedstreaming into their current curriculum. You can discuss unitedstreaming, Learning Tools, PPT, Inspiration, Time Liner, Digital Storytelling… the list is endless.
- Complete the On line Interactive Training and/or DEN Training Certification found under "Professional Development" in unitedstreaming.
- Attend a DEN Chit Chat Webinar. Webinars are meetings were DEN members join together virtually. Check my weekly updates for dates, then log in to the site I provide, and watch as I take over your computer screen and walk you through a variety of different types of trainings.
That sums in up for now! Remember to check this post every so often for more updates. If you would like to see something added, please feel free to post a comment here.