This morning I recieved an FeedBlitz email with updates from the MD DEN blog. I was TOTALLY blown away with what I found. Aaron Smith, a DYNAMIC DEN member from back east, wrote about a gentleman by the name of Karl (from the Fisch Bowl Blog… a staff devt blog for his CO highschool) was asked to present to this faculty. His goal, "to get the staff to really think about what are students are going to need to be successful in the 21st century, and then how it might impact what they do in their own classrooms’. I remixed content from David Warlick, Thomas Friedman, Ian Jukes, Ray Kurzweil, and others, added some music and came up with the following presentation. If you want the music you’ll have to download both files…"
Why should you download this PPT… Because DID YOU KNOW THAT…
- The 25% of the population in China with the highest IQ’s is greater that the total population of North America… Translation for teachers: They have more honors kids that we have kids.
- China will soon become the number one English speaking country in the world!
- The U.S. Dept. of Labor estimates that today’s learner will have 10-14 jobs by the age of 38.
- The top 10 in demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004. We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist! Using technologies that haven’t been invented in order to solve problems we don’t even know are problems yet!
- In 2002 alone Nintendo invested more than $140 million in research and development!
I have to stop because I could go on and on…. So for more AMAZING FACTS and INFORMATION download this PPT and MP3 file right away. Then head over to his blog post and let him know what you think and/or post your comments here.