Discovery Education unitedstreaming School Training Kits Are Back and Better Than Ever!
In the coming weeks, schools will receive the 2006 unitedstreaming Back to School Training Kits. Developed with the input of educators across the country, these training kits include:
• A CD-ROM containing additional materials helpful in presenting unitedstreaming to your colleagues which can be reproduced and distributed to teachers.
• Cool posters you can hang to create unitedstreaming buzz throughout the school.
• 20 Teacher Guides to be distributed to teachers as part of a training or professional development session. Separate guides have been designed for new unitedstreaming users and the more advanced users. The Teacher Guide clearly explains the basics of navigating unitedstreaming and integrating our digital media resources with applications such as PowerPoint, Inspiration, and Webquests.
• FREE Discovery Education Tote Bag
Discovery Educators: You can contact your area Implementation Representative at 1-800-323-9084 to find out who they were sent to at your school or to coordinate a plan for receiving the training kit materials. These would be great to assist you and your school personnel with back-to-school professional development.
On October 1, Discovery Channel will present the first installment of DISCOVERY ATLAS, a four part series during the month of October that will profile the rich cultures, social diversities and natural phenomena of China, Italy, Australia and Brazil. The journey begins Sunday, Oct. 1, 2006, at 9 p.m. ET/PT, with the world premiere on Discovery Channel and Discovery HD Theater of DISCOVERY ATLAS: CHINA REVEALED. For more information about this series, visit http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/atlas/atlas.html.
The ATLAS series, including videos, images, bonus educational vignettes and teacher resources, will be available on unitedstreamingand Cosmeo. Additionally, the Discovery Educator Network will provide interested teachers with the opportunity to participate in DEN: Atlas in the classroom program, which will include
• Materials for hosting Atlas: China Revealed Premiere Parties in your local community
• Invitations to exclusive Atlas webinar series/discussion group
• Invitations to discuss and collaborate with educators around the county via webinars, wikis, and discussion boards
• Access to educational resource kits to support "Discovery Atlas" classroom activities
If you are interested in exploring ATLAS with the DEN, please send an email to email@example.com by Friday, September 1 with the subject line "Discovery Atlas" to register for this program.
Looking for Science Lovers
If you have a passion for Science we would love your help! Lance is looking for DEN members who have experience with Science Fairs. Either organizing them locally or just participating. If you have any experience, Lance has a neat opportunity for you. Just let me know and Lance will get in touch with you to fill in the details.
Do you live in the Allegheny Area?
I will be visiting the Allegheny Area next week and would love to get to know the DEN members in that area. So let’s get together for dinner. All the details are on the Blog. E-mail me if you are interested!!