As the DEN grows, we want to encourage our members to grow with us. Therefore, we are enhancing the Discovery Educator Network so that we can offer special recognition and opportunities to members that actively participate.
The most significant change to the structure of the DEN is the addition of a new level of membership. Beginning September 1, 2006, every unitedstreaming user who registers on the Discovery Educator Network website will be considered a Discovery Educator. A new membership level—STAR Discovery Educator —has been added to recognize the outstanding efforts that many members have shown in the past year as they have shared their expertise and insights with others. You will be receiving an email on September 1, 2006 detailing your specific level.
BECOMING A STAR DISCOVERY EDUCATOR OR MAINTAINING STAR STATUS
Facilitate and report at least two events. Any time you share the power of Discovery Education with 3 or more educators, you are hosting an event. Examples include:
- Facilitate trainings, workshops or presentations that incorporate Discovery Education products such as unitedstreaming, Discovery Education Health Connection, Cosmeo, and Learning Adds Up.
- Share an integration idea over lunch with a group of educators.
- Demonstrate a skill involving unitedstreaming to co-workers before, during, or after school.
- Present unitedstreaming integration ideas during local, regional, state, or national conference sessions.
Complete any combination of two of the following:
- Attend a STAR Discovery Educator event such as a face-to-face workshop, webinar, Digital Connections session, or a regional or national DEN event.
- Recruit others to become Discovery Educators.
- Disseminate information related to Discovery Education products and services with the use of a tool such as a newsletter, podcast, blog post, or journal article.
- Upload a resource to the Discovery Educator Network website.
- Contribute to Discovery Educator Network website blogs and/or discussion boards.
Each year on July 31, we will review the participation of STAR Discovery Educators around the world. Educators who continue to share, connect and inspire others, as measured by the activities described above, will maintain their STAR Discovery Educator status and continue to enjoy exclusive STAR benefits. Some of these benefits include the opportunity to attend regional and national institutes, participate in exclusive contests and promotions, download resources and publish personal blogs on the DEN website, and maintain access to a Discovery Educator Network Field Manager. Educators unable to actively participate over the next year will not retain their STAR status, but will still be welcomed to participate on the Discovery Educator Network website.
Over the next year, we want to provide opportunities for you to grow along with us. If you have any questions, please contact your North Florida DEN Field Manager, Danielle Abernethy. If you are in South Florida, please contact Karen Seddon.
So who’s ready to be a DEN ?