Who is this Super Star?

Denbluestar_wide_5_1Resources for unitedstreaming are popping up everywhere! Here is a really cool lesson plan from a STAR DEN Member in North Florida, along with a video.

Check out the lesson plan and the video at http://etc.usf.edu/plans/lessons/lp/lp0138.htm. Anyone recognize this Super Star? If you’re going to FAME, you can even see him present. Leave a comment below to tell us what you think of this great resource.

And Super Stars – check out this great deal from DEN! Must be a STAR DEN member to qualify. If you are curious of your status or would like to improve your status to being an active, shining bright STAR DEN member, email me.

Still a few slots left for the Amusing Times with DEN Days. Register soon! Details will be mailed to those who sign up next week, including the template.

Comments

1. Wendy Norton

Wow, this was great what an asset you are to your students. I use assignment builder alot, I recently did one on Mitosis and cell division. The students used the computer lab to viewe animations and complete a worksheet using unitedstreaming videos, completing an online quiz I also did one on building a roller coaster with students, they build it then give me the specifics and the grade the computer gave them. I cannot stream GoogleEarth but can use it from my cache only. thanks for the ideas, maybe I will video tape a class assignment.

2. Danielle Abernethy

Hey Wendy,

My Polk Boys – Tom and Brook (specifically Brook) can teach you how to fake a stream on Google. He’s suppose to teach me.

3. Michele Futch

OK…another question. What is FAME and when is it?

4. Cheryl Woolwine

FAME – Florida Association for Media in Education -FAME advocates for every student in Florida to be involved in and have open access to a quality school library media program administered by a highly competent, certified library media specialist. FAME is a collaborative, responsive, dynamic network for Florida library media professionals.

for more information: http://www.floridamedia.org/default.html

5. Cheryl Woolwine

Are we on a time line for ordering the projectors? Can we order from our school purcahse orders?

6. Cheryl Woolwine

WOW Tom that was great maybe you should start your own ATLAS series!

7. Michele Futch

Thanks Cheryl. I had no idea what FAME was? Obviously, our county is not involved very much with it, if at all. I have never heard the name mentioned anywhere but here.

8. Michele Futch

I would guess the lesson would be from one of your Polk Boys?

9. Danielle Abernethy

Actually, it is from one of my Polk boys – and Cheryl identified him correctly! That is Tom Turner of Bartow Middle School in Polk County teaching a fantastic geography lesson.

Cheryl – as far as the timeline – you have until December 31 I believe.

10. Tom Turner

WTG Cheryl..

You guessed me out! As I’m apt to point out to my students on many different occasions, just look for the BIG OLE’ BALD SPOT…and that’s me :)

Having World Geography as the focus in my curriculum that is my plan to have an Atlas of Field Trips put togtether..planning is a key though. I will say this was my first foray into digital field trips AND digital storytelling and talk about the stress. They filmed me on my FIRST day teaching this lesson. So what you didn’t see is ALL of my laptops memory dumping, some of them freezing and some with user errors. Somewhere in there though I was able to get everything done ;)

11. Michael Maine

I loved the lesson. I think my kids would love it. I have passed it along to our Social Studies teachers to use with their classes.

12. Nathan Guteras

Thanks for sharing a great resource, Tom. I am trying to justify more laptops on my campus. Your lesson plan might convince them to use United Streaming even more as a teaching and learning tool for students and teachers alike!

13. Debbie Bohanan

FAME this year will be held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and Conference Center. It is just past downtown Disney.

14. Debbie Bohanan

Students can take part in a student video contest and state winners are announced at FAME. It is part of the Jim Harbin Student Media Festival. The award ceremony this year is on Nov. 2 from 4-6 in the convention center.

15. Debbie Bohanan

Tom,
    Check out the Google Earth fieldtrips that were already created. They have photos attached to each location mentioned in the Atlas series. Lance has already done a large portion of the work for you.