Atlas on iTunes

In the blog comments about Atlas Karen mentioned that iTunes has some of the Atlas videos. I was confused, so I had to ask her, and right now I have the perfect opportunity since we’re together for a "East Coast DEN Manager Retreat" in Virginia Beach. (Yes we’re suffering. We’re right on the beach, waves crashing, beautiful sunsets, and we’re all working on Monday night.Look at the time of this post.) Anyway, on the plane here, she showed meAtlas_itunes  one of the videos. I had looked on iTunes, but all I found were the podcasts. So we just looked while we’re sitting. Guess what? That’s what she found. Enhanced podcasts though! Which means there are videos, photos, etc to go along with the narration.

And they’re free! How cool is that?! But has anyone found them on unitedstreaming yet? Still waiting for someone to tell me when they find them. Remember, I’m at the beach working away on new ideas to share with DEN members. (Have any I can pass off as my own?)

For the event on Saturday, there will be a quiz game to win prizes. The questions will come from the Atlas: China Revealed website. I’m also going to include one of those great enhanced podcasts – China Revealed: Inner Mongolia. Still room if you want to register and attend the event.

1. Cheryl Woolwine said:

There are 72 full length videos on china and 529 video segments, 450 images amd 926 articles – 8 quizzes 26 events and 3 lesson plans BUT nothing on Atlas Discovery: China Revealed. Unless I am missing something!

2. Michele Futch said:

Wow…Thanks Cheryl!

I’m sure something will be available soon on iTunes. I did see where you can order the China Revealed DVD from the Discovery Store website, if anyone is interested?

3. Danielle Abernethy said:

Just heard that it won’t be appearing for one reason or another until October 1.

4. Debbie Bohanan said:

I had heard these episodes would also be available on Unitedstreaming after Oct. 1st. Did anyone else hear that?

5. Debbie Bohanan said:

The set is available through Discovery for $19.99 each I believe or you can purchase it as a boxed set. From what I remember there was no real price saving for buying it as a boxed set.

6. Debbie Bohanan said:

Did anyone do the interactive quiz during Atlas tonight?

Danielle, do you know if we can get a copy of the questions and answer choices? It would be easier than writing them from scratch for my launch party.

7. Cheryl Woolwine said:

I understand China should be available on unitedstreaming today! Although I have already looked and I don’t see them yet!

8. Cheryl Woolwine said:

Did not find the interactive quiz although I did look! Also did not see my code to win the trip to China – actually it seems I missed the code altogether. – anyone want to share it?

9. Cheryl Woolwine said:

I wonder if we buy the box set if we can use them in teh classroom? Anyone know the answer?

10. Michelle Brown said:

Full Video Discovery Atlas: China Revealed: Short Stories (23:10)
    This series of videos is Discovery Channel’s commitment to the highest production values in the pursuit of relevant, educational content. Part geography and part history, the Atlas series presents the world in an entirely new way. One-fifth of the world’s population lives in China, yet many Westerners know little about its rich culture and history. From the martial art of kung fu to the everyday invention of paper, China has had a major influence on life throughout the world.
    Grade: 6-8 © 2006 Discovery Education
    This video contains 8 segments.

I went to logged in and just typed in Atlas and this is what it showed. AWESOME!!