Conferences

DE_BLOT_DEFAULT.jpg

Quick question? Besides FETC, what other conferences are you going to? I can’t make it to FAME because I’ll be at the National Middle School Conference in Nashville with STAR Den Member, Kay Teehan. Anyone presenting?

Tags

1. Jamie Bellamy said:

Being a new teacher, I have never been to a professional conference other than writing and reading in-services. I am interested in going to one. Any suggestions? Is there one over the other that you would perfer to attend?

2. Danielle Abernethy said:

Well, I’d do FETC if you’re into technology. And we are currently finalizing a really cool event for DEN Star members at FETC! Woo Hoo! (and we have dinner, but I’m not announcing it until confirmed tomorrow!) National – try out NECC since next year it’s in Atlanta. It won’t be that close for awhile!

FAME will be a nice conference, but I’m disappointed that no one from Discovery will be there. :-(

3. Michele Futch said:

I’m hoping to be able to attend FETC this year. I have never been. I would love to go and bring a couple of teachers with me!!1

4. Tom Turner said:

FETC all the way!! Can’t wait for it to get here this year! I’ll also be presenting at FAME as you’ve already pointed out.

5. Debbie Bohanan said:

I will be at FAME for the Jim Harbin Video Awards. My students took honorable mention for their video “No One’s Rooting for Polluting”. They even have a unitedstreaming video running in the background!

6. Debbie Bohanan said:

FETC is the best state conference to attend. It’s nice to know NECC is in Atlanta. Maybe my district will send me this year.

7. Debbie Bohanan said:

My reading coach loves the IRA (International Reading Conference). This year it is being held in Toronto, Canada.

8. Christine Brink said:

I’ll be at FAST (Florida Association of Science Teachers). This year it’s in Gainesville. Some really cool workshops are going to be at UF!

9. Cheryl Woolwine said:

FETC is a great conference. Although it is Florida’s Educational Technology Conference people from all over the country come, making it in many ways a national conference!

10. Cheryl Woolwine said:

FYI: ATIA – Assistive Technology Industry Association conference. for students and adults needing assitive technology in education and daily living.