Character ED?

I am postponing the Thursday’s "Keep Your Star Shining" Webinar so we can participate in the following.

The Discovery Educator Network and The Character Education Partnership

Connecting Service Learning to Meaningful Academics: A Winning Combination.

If you are looking for a way to “leave no child behind” while educating the whole child, Charactered consider service learning. This webinar will focus on how academic standards and learning can be enhanced with service learning techniques. The who, what, where, when, why, and how will be explored with examples of implementation from real-life schools having won the Character Education Partnership’s National School of Character award.  Register now for this event – limited seats are available.

Date:  Thursday, October 5, 2006
Time:  4 PM EST

To register for the event:
1.  Go to:
2.  On the left hand sidebar, under "Attend a Meeting", click on "Register"
3.  On the blue bar at the top of the page, click the right calendar arrow over to "Thursday, October 5, 2006"
4.  Select "Connecting Service Learning to Meaningful Academics:  A Winning Combination" at 3pmCT and click Register  (NOTE:  the webex tool lists times in Central Time)
5.  Enter your name and email, click "Register Now"
6.  Registration information and link for the webinar will be sent to your email in box.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1. Debbie Bohanan said:

This is great news. I have a Character Education teacher at my school who will love to participate in this with me.

2. Debbie Bohanan said:

If two people are participating in a webinar on the same computer, how do they both receive credit for the webinar?

3. Michele Futch said:

The Character Ed webinar goes right along with our school’s Character Program.

4. Michele Futch said:

I’ll have to see if I can get together a group who might be interested in participating?

5. Michele Futch said:

Most of my friends children are either playing soccer or football. It is hard to get anybody together this time of year for extracurricular school related activities.

6. Cheryl Woolwine said:

it’s a little early for me still on traveling time. I really would like to be a part of this. I will have to try and get out a few minutes early so I can get home in time. (I work an hour from home).

7. Cheryl Woolwine said:

I hope they redo this webinar – I seemed to have had a comedy of errors getting connected. I finally did get on the last 30 min but I felt kinda lost. I would like to have heard it from the start. What I did hear was good!