I would like to encourage you to participate in a webinar this week that is being hosted by the Discovery Educator Network and the Character Education Partnership. This webinar is titled "Connecting Service Learning to Meaningful Academics: A Winning Combination" and will focus on how academic standards and learning can be enhanced with service learning techniques. The who, what, where, when, why, and how will be explored with examples of implementation from educators at real-life schools who have won the Character Education Partnership’s National School of Character award. Register now for this event – limited seats are available.
Date: Thursday, October 5, 2006
Time: 4pm ET (3pmCT)
To register for the event:
1. Go to: discoveryed.webex.com
2. From the menu under "Attend a Meeting", click "Register"
3. On the blue bar at the top of the page, click the right calendar arrow over to "Thursday, October 5, 2006"
4. Select "Connecting Service Learning to Meaningful Academics:A Winning Combination" at 3pm CT and click Register. (NOTE:the WebEx tool lists times in Central Time)
5. Enter your name and email, click "Register Now"
6. Registration information and link for the webinar will be sent to you by e-mail