Beginning Wednesday, October 4, 2006, the Discovery Educator Network will be launching a semi-monthly DEN Podcast hosted by Brad Fountain, Regional Manager Discovery Educator Network. The podcast can be subscribed to via iTunes or can be downloaded from the DEN National Blog. The initial podcast will focus on utilizing Character Education to enhance your school and will feature an interview with Dr. Merle Schwartz, Director of Education and Research for the Character Education Partnership. This podcast will link directly to the Character Education Webinar that will be presented on Thursday, October 5th at 4PM. The second podcast will air on October 18, 2006 and will focus on utilizing the Professional Development section of unitedstreaming for enhancing classroom instruction and will feature Lisa O’Brien, Professional Development Content Developer at Discovery Education. At the end of each podcast there will be a question posed that can be answered by utilizing unitedstreaming, the DEN website, or possibly other Discovery Education products. Each entry must be emailed to the host and all correct entries will be entered into a drawing for a special Discovery Education Prize. So check out the NEW DEN PODCAST!!!
Register now to participate in a webinar hosted by:
The Discovery Educator Network and
The Character Education Partnership
Connecting Service Learning to Meaningful Academics:
A Winning Combination
If you are looking for a way to “leave no child behind” while educating the whole child, consider service learning. This webinar will focus on how academic standards and learning can be enhanced with service learning techniques. The who, what, where, when, why, and how will be explored with examples of implementation from real-life schools having won the Character Education Partnership’s National School of Character award. Register now for this event – limited seats are available.
Date : Thursday, October 5, 2006
Time: 4pm ET (3pmCT)
To register for the event:
1. Go to: discoveryed.webex.com
2. On the left hand sidebar, under "Attend a Meeting", click on "Register"
3. On the blue bar at the top of the page, click the right calendar arrow over to "Thursday, October 5, 2006"
4. Select " Connecting Service Learning to Meaningful Academics: A Winning Combination" at 3pmCT and click Register (NOTE: the webex tool lists times in Central Time)
5. Enter your name and email, click "Register Now"
6. Registration information and link for the webinar will be sent to your email in box.