Are you scouring the Internet for every web site relating to educational podcasting?
You may have missed this creative, cool NASA podcasting student competition but you can still tap the winning examples on November 17 when the competition winners are announced. There are some very useful links about HOW TO PODCAST as well which will benefit any podcasting "newbies."
The competition invited students to create an audio recording or video short to answer the question: "How will Space Exploration benefit your life in the future?"
You can then vote for your favorite via the People’s Choice voting opportunity.
And don’t miss Periodicity by our own Dale Basler and Brian Bartel, Appleton School District HS science educators and Wisconsin STAR DEN members. Their 17th episode and it is an fantastic interview with NASA Principal Investigator, Steve Squyers, called "Roving Mars." WAY COOL! Dale and Brian are really rocking with their science educator podcasting efforts!
A great example for all educators into podcasting! You can subscribe to Periodicty via iTunes which is freely downloadable via www.itunes.com
1) Go to the Music Store
2) Search for Periodicity
3) Click on subscribe to this podcast
Other of my favorite DEN-related podcasts that you can find via iTunes by searching on the name of the podcasts (in blue):
1) Discovery Educator Network Podcasts by Brad Fountain, DEN Midwest Team Manager
3) A School in the Coulee by Wisconsin DEN Member, Jeanne Halderson and her Longfellow MS, La Crosse, Wisconsin 7th Graders (see http://www.sdlax.net/longfellow/sc/ck/index.htm)
4) Open Source Classroom by DEN member Chris Craft (see Chris’ blog at http://opensourceclassroom.com/)
5) Speaking of History by Missouri DEN member, Eric Langhorst (Speaking of History is a podcast and blog maintained by an 8th grade American History teacher in Missouri who attempts to use technology to enhance the curriculum. Teaching about George, Thomas and Abe using the latest technology) (see http://speakingofhistory.blogspot.com/)
Do YOU have a podcast of interest to educators? PLEASE POST here so we all can tap yours!
Rumor has it that there will be many other Wisconsin DEN educators producing podcasts after the DEN event at The Abbey in Fontana. Steve Dembo inspired many attending his breakout sessions! Patty Hawkenson, Eau Claire School District, has already begun sharing her efforts via her DEN blog.