November Updates – VIDEO

I am becoming such a techno-nerd!  I made a video cast (if that’s what you call it) of some updates for all of you STAR Discovery Educators.  Instead of reading some emails….you can now watch a 4 minute video narrated by yours-truly about some of the opportunities/promotions available to you!  Download this and let me know what you think!  In addition, here are a few things to keep in mind.

Download NovUpdate.wmv

Show #4 Discovery Educator Network Podcast – AFI Screen Education Resource

This show features Mitch Aiken the Director of the AFI Screen Education Center and Frank Guttler the Associate Director of the AFI Screen Education Center.  In this interview Mitch and Frank talk about the Screen Education Resource that is now available on unitedstreaming.  It is important to know the correct order to the video resource, which is:

Episode 1: AFI K-12 Screen Education Process
Episode 2: The Door Scene
Episode 3: What Teachers Say
Episode 4: What Filmmakers Say
Episode 5: Student Overview & Script Development
Episode 6: Scriptwriting & Storyboarding
Episode 7: Production & Filming
Episode 8: Editing
Episode 9: Exhibit/Review/Reflect

Special Offer for STAR Discovery Educators  Cps20ir20system_2

As an added benefit of being a STAR Discovery Educator, we are pleased to offer you a special discount opportunity in partnership with eInstruction!  Through this partnership, you can purchase the CPS IR 32-pad system from eInstruction at an incredible price of $995 (plus shipping).  This is a discount of over 50% from eInstruction’s base pricing of $1995.  Contact your field manager for more details.

1. Beth Weeks said:

That is pretty cool just getting to listen to your little movie file.. got my mind thinking!!!! :)

2. Dana Kauk said:

I appreciate these opportunities Discovery is giving us and thanks for the lab coat. I wasn’t expecting it. What a nice surprise.

3. Shannon Gaumer said:

Very cool video cast! You did a wonderful job summarizing all the promotions the DEN has to offer for STAR members…I am going to point my STAR members to you site to check it out!! Thanks Michelle

4. Karen Law said:

Cool little video…Gave me an idea to put instructions and daily announcements in one…better yet, have a student produce it. DEN always gives me good ideas. Thanks for the Lab coat, now as a history teacher, I can blend in with my science neighbors (or maybe “infiltrate”!)

5. Linda Michael said:

I enjoyed listening to the video. It’s nice to be reminded of the opportunities provided by the DEN. Thanks!

6. Jean Thorpe said:

Wonderful! I enjoyed this quick and informative update on all the currently running DEN programs and initiatives. Very helpful. Thanks.

7. Karen Seddon said:

I love your video cast, Michelle. It was so nice to listen to have great the DEN is and not just read about it. The files opened so easily, too! Great job. When I grow up, I want to be Michelle Weeks!