STAR Status for 2007-2008

On September 1, 2006 we introduced a new level of membership in the DEN: STAR Discovery Educator.  STAR Discovery Educators are the most active participants in the community and in return, they receive all sorts of additional benefits

As we approach the end of the 2006-2007 school year, we want to make sure that all of our STARs keep their special status for next year.  So…

If you joined the DEN before September 1, 2006, report at least two events you conducted that took place during the 2006-2007 school year and you will maintain your STAR status for the 2007-2008 school year.

If you joined the DEN on or after September 1, 2006, you will automatically enter the 2007-2008 school year as a STAR.  During the 2007-2008 school year you will have to report at least two events to keep STAR status for the following year.

When we announced the new level of DEN membership on September 1, 2006, we stated that a review process would take place at the end of July to determine STAR status for the following year.  We are extending that deadline until the end of August 2007 so our current STARs who will be conducting trainings, leading grade-level team workshops, etc. in August will have the chance to stay active and keep their STAR status for the 2007-2008 school year.

If you are not sure if you reported your events for this school year, just send an email to  If you have any other questions regarding your STAR status for next year, post a comment or send me an email.

Make sure you stay a STAR!  We have a lot planned for next year.  More webinars.  More events.  More promotions.  More chances to connect, share and discover with your colleagues.

1. Anne Truger said:

I sent a question to the above weblink to see if I sent in my training for the year, but I have received no response. Just want to make sure I don’t lose my STAR status!

2. Stephanie Schuyler said:

Will we receive confirmation for our STAR status for the upcoming year? Is there a place we can check to make sure we have maintained our status? I sent in my events but haven’t received any feedback. Thanks so much for ll you do! I wish I didn’t have to miss NECC!!!

3. Cameron McKinley said:

Is it too late to sign up? I will be at NECC driving from Birmingham and would love to attend the events. Can you send details if it is not too late!

4. Cameron McKinley said:

Whoops, posted on wrong message. Meant to post the above message on the NECC feed. For this one I was going to see if my May events were recorded. Sorry for the confusion.

5. Ivette Avila-Navarro said:

HI, very eager to become a STAR. Curious, how long does it take to receive an email after submitting an online application?

6. Julie Weaver said:

Have the baseball caps been mailed to those individuals who have reported the necessary events?

7. Lenette said:

I have not received my baseball cap. Also, at the beginning of last school year (before the reorganization of DEN), I earned a podcasting kit. I did not receive that either. Who should I contact?

8. Sally said:

It looks like the baseball caps must be on their way. I look forward to receiving mine. Thank you, in advance.

9. Angela said:

I report two events at the end of last year, but there was not a sufficent amount of information requested from the online form being used to indentify me. There are so many Angela’s. Recently I have done five additional trainings and I am about to do number six. What is the point of submitting this information if I am not going to receive credit. How many Angela’s do you have in your dens across the states. I mentioned ths to one of representatives at NECC and they said they would get back with me regarding this matter, but I have not heard from anyone.

10. Phy Chauveau said:

Thanks so much for the baseball cap. I just wanted to say that although I haven’t been as visibly involved as I’d like to be in the “live” activities offered for DEN members this past year, I so appreciate the incredible array of web reseources and information shared in every DENblog. This has been invaluable to me, and I pass this information along whenever and wherever I can. This format is particularly effective; it is so helpful to be able to easily trackback to previous updates and weblinks. The DEN is absolutely amazing, and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us this year. Happy September to all. Have a great school year!

11. Lynnette Criner said:

Hi, I see I’m not the only one who did not receive their baseball cap. Who do I contact? Lynnette

12. Sheila Schatzke said:

I would like conduct trainings for my campus and I am wondering if kits are still available. I have tried contacting the the TExas leadership council with no luck. We really miss Chris here in South Texas. He always had answers and was a great support person. I want to continue being active but I am not getting regular newsletters or feedback.

13. Brenda Lyles said:

I have had problems with my account. I see my Star Status has been restored, but it was off. How do I report or upload to keep Star Status?