Help Shape the Future of a New Product!

Desc_pos4c_smallHelp us in shaping the future of a brand new product: Discovery Education Science Connection: Elementary Edition.  Based on the success of Discovery Education Science Connection, the groundbreaking online science resource for middle-school students, we have begun to develop an elementary edition.

If you teach Science at the Elementary level, take a few minutes and let us know what you think. We are looking for Discovery Educators willing to look at an early prototype and agree to take a very brief (15 minute) survey.  This is your chance to help shape the future of a Discovery product!  As an added incentive, the first 20 volunteers will receive a Discovery Educator Network polo shirt.

To participate, please comment to this post with your name, school, email and mailing address by June 15, 2007.  You will be contacted shortly with access to a super secret development site with some simple directions from our product development team.

1. Louise McGinnis said:

I am a K-2 Science teacher and would love to help with this great new product.

Louise McGinnis
    Golden Grove Elementary
    13376 79th Ct N WPB, Fl. 33412

2. Rita Mortenson said:

As a tech. coordinator, I have been previewing the middle school science curriculum and love it.

3. Cheryl Lykowski said:

I teach science in elementary school 4-5 grades. I would love the opportunity to aid you in the development of this product.

4. Teryl Magee - TN DEN LC, Chair said:

My kids have loved Discovery Education Science Connection. I am glad you are looking at an elementary version for us! Here is my info:

Teryl Magee
    Dogwood Elementary
    231 Twin Ridges Drive
    Maryville, TN 37804

5. Margo Jantzi said:

I’d love to help with the Science Connection Elementary development.
    I teach science K-5 gifted ed. units.

Margo Maust Jantzi
    Mountain View Elementary School
    2800 Rawley Pike
    Harrisonburg, VA 22801

6. Tiffany Savage said:

I loved using the Science Connection with my 7th and 8th graders and would like to look at the elementary version.

1610 Blanding Blvd
    Middleburg, Fl 32068

7. Bobbi Capwell said:

I love the thought of the elementary science connection.
    My address is
    League City Elementary
    709 E. Wilkins
    League City TX 77573

8. Martha Thornburgh said:

I would be interested in helping with this project.

Martha Thornburgh

Lincoln Elementary
    1005 S 11
    Mount Vernon, WA 98274

9. Kimberly Mattingly said:

I am a technology teacher for grades K-5 and would love to participate.

Kimberly Mattingly
    Castle Rock International Baccalaureate Elementary School
    I am off for the summer. Here is my home address.
    3667 Valley Blvd. Spc. 195
    Pomona, CA 91768

10. Kim King said:

I would love to see the elementary level science connection. I teach 2nd grade Science.
    Kim King
    Amanda Rochell Elementary
    899 Rochell Court
    Rockwall, TX 75032

11. Michelle Krill said:

I’m an elementary tech coordinator (K-5) and would love to be a part of the Elementary Edition of Science Connections.

Michelle Krill
    South Western School District
    1164 Sunnyside Road
    York, PA 17408
    (home address)

12. June Behrmann said:

I teach students with special needs and work as my school’s TOPS teacher. We help K-6 general educators use technology to increase access to the general education curriculum.

June Behrmann
    Fairfax County Public Schools
    5004 Sideburn Road
    Fairfax, VA 22032

13. frank devereaux said:

always looking forward to the discovery channel educational products… will do anything i can to help out!

frank devereaux
    savanna oaks middle school
    5890 w lacy road
    fitchburg, wi 53711

14. Linda Hughitt said:

I teach /4th5th grade science. Some years I have 4th grade, but this upcoming year will be 5th.
    I would love to check out this product!
    Linda Hughitt
    Chenowith Elementary School
    922 Chenowith Loop Road
    The Dalles, OR 97058

15. Theresa Meade said:

I am the K-5 Math Educator at the Mathematics & Science Center in Virginia. We serve a consortium of 14 school districts. I am responsible for creating math lessons that integrate mathematics, science, and technology. Let me know if you would like my input.

16. Theresa Meade said:

Hello, mailing address…Is my face red?
    Theresa Meade
    Mathematics & Science Center
    2401 Hartman St.
    Richmond, VA 23223

17. Alison Oswald-Keene said:

I am the Science Department Chair at my K-8 campus. I am always being asked for ideas for the K-5 side of the school to help integrate Science. I love the DESC for Middle School and would love to help with the Elementary version. My district is looking at Science Adoptions this coming year.

Alison Oswald-Keene
    Terramar School
    7000 W. Happy Valley Rd.
    Deer Valley Unified School Dist.
    Peoria, AZ 85383

18. Julie Sawyer said:

Just heard about this at Orlando’s Day of Discovery – very exciting product.

Michigan Avenue Elementary School
    2015 Michigan Ave.
    Saint Cloud, FL 34769

I teach K and am a technology coach for the school.

19. Kimberley Humphrey said:

I’m always looking to make things more interesting for my kids.

Strawberry Knoll Elementary School
    18820 Strawberry Knoll Road
    Gaithersburg, MD 20879

20. Lauri Graybill said:

I am a tech coordinator and 5th grade teacher in an intermediate building (grades 4-6) and teach science. I would love to help with the development of this product!
    Lauri Graybill
    Sinking Springs Elementary School
    2850 Susquehanna Trail
    York, PA 17406

21. Tracy Selock said:

I teach 5th grade and would love to look at a prototype.

Tracy Selock
    Martin Luther King Middle School
    13429 W 4250 N Rd
    Essex, IL 60935

22. Christine West said:

I will be working with gifted students and would love to use higher level science material with grades 1-3 (needing 2-6 science curriculum). I would love to check out the new Science Connection!

23. Lisa Parisi said:

I teach 5th grade in a collaborative classroom – regular and special ed teachers full time together. Our district is in the process of reevaluating our science curriculum and I would love to see what you are developing.

Lisa Parisi
    Herricks School District
    Denton Avenue School
    1050 Denton Avenue
    New Hyde Park, NY 11040

24. Meg Griffin said:

I have had network issues and can’t respond to blogs at school….I thought I would miss the 15th!! As an elementary teacher I have been so envious!!

Meg Griffin
    Central Bucks School District
    Cold Spring Elementary
    4150 Durham Rd
    Doylestown, PA 18901

25. Debbie Bohanan said:

If it’s not too late, I would love to help shape the future of this product. I teach students in grades K-5, integrated technology for all subject areas.

Debbie Bohanan