While the rest of the world seems pre-occupied with everything 2.0, we’re hard at work right now on building DiscoveryEducatorNetwork.com 3.0! We aren’t satisfied with simply being the best professional development website according to the AEP, we’re rebuilding the website from scratch in order to provide you with an even better community home.
Some of the improvements include:
- Entirely new blog engine with customizable themes and cutting edge features.
- Upgraded Discussion Forums, including the ability to subscribe to threads and incorporate custom signatures.
- All new social networking features
- Improved calendar for you to schedule your events as well as others in your area.
- Single Sign On between the DEN and other Discovery Education sites.
- New upload and download process to make transfers smoother and more reliable.
- Much, much more!
Of course, in order to move forward, sometimes you need to leave a few things behind. Personal blogs on the DEN site will not be able to be automatically moved to the new blog engine. If you would like to save your current blog entries in order to re-post them on your new blog, you will need to copy and paste them into Notepad or Text Edit to save them.
Also, most conversations on our current Discussion Boards will not be moved to the new forums. Active topics at the time of the move will be transfered in bulk to the new boards, but the majority of topics will not be moved. If there is any information in particular that you would like to save, grab a copy of it now.
One last detail. WE NEED YOUR HELP! We are going to need beta testers for the new website, to go in and hammer it a bit before we do the grand unveiling. If you are interested in being a beta tester, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Beta testing will begin in early August and last for 10-14 days.
I look forward to sharing the next generation of the DEN website with you soon!