I am soooo tardy in getting this posting up. After losing my luggage and teaching five workshops (starting the day after I returned from the DNI Cruise), I had little time to catch up on my blogging.
The DEN cruise was really outstanding. I just can’t even begin to fully catalogue all the applications, ideas, and resources that I am taking away from the experience.
To get you started, check out the DNI07 wiki that Diana Laufenberg created. I added my notes from the Cruising with the Stars competition – a series of presentations from STAR Discovery Educators about their favorite tool, site, application, or resource.
Here are my favorite resources:
- GapMinder – I actually blogged about this data visualization resource previously.
- GeoHive – Data resource
- WorldMapper – Data visualization tool
- Stellarium – a free open source planetarium for your computer
- BigHugeLabs – Flickr applications
- GoodReads – a place where you can see what your friends are reading and vice versa
You can take a look at the photos to get an idea what we did. If you search for Flickr tags DNI07 and Cruise, you can see the photos that other DNI attendees shared.