Opportunity to Honor Local Innovators in Education
Applications are now being accepted nationwide for individuals who implement creative learning programs in their communities, helping to push education progress to new heights. Cable’s Leaders in Learning Awards recognize outstanding educators, administrators, policymakers, and other community leaders at the forefront of innovation in education. Applications are now being accepted online for individuals who are using new ideas to educate and new technology to better prepare young students for the future.
The application period opens Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at www.LeadersinLearningAwards.org (this is an online-only process). The application period closes January 16, 2008.
Cable’s Leaders in Learning Awards recognize a broad array of innovators, including:
- Highly inventive classroom educators, administrators, community leaders, and policymakers who are transforming education from kindergarten through high school.
- Those who have had a major impact on educating youth both in and out of the classroom.
- Those who have adopted innovative learning practices that have transformed an aspect of education on a large or small scale.
In addition to national and local recognition, winners receive:
- A $3,000 cash prize.
- An all-expense-paid trip to Washington, DC in June, 2008.
- While in Washington, award recipients will visit with members of Congress to talk about their award-winning programs.
- Winners will attend a spectacular Gala event with policymakers, government officials, leaders of the national education community, cable industry executives, and other VIPS.
Cable’s Leaders in Learning Awards, administered by Cable in the Classroom, recognize innovative programs in five categories: General Excellence, Cable Partnerships for Learning, Pushing the Envelope, Policymaker Excellence and Media Literacy Education. For more information on the awards and categories, and to apply online, please visit: www.LeadersinLearningAwards.org.