IL-TCE 2008 "Learning without Boundaries" Feb. 26-29, 2008

Hey everyone… Who is going to IL-TCE 2008 “Learning without Boundaries” Feb. 26-29, 2008? This is the biggest Tech Education event in Illinois. Workshops begin February 26th and 27th and the main events take place February 28th and 29th. Organizers of the event want to encourage you all to register asap as they will cancel any workshop that has too small of an enrollment.

There will be over 175 concurrent and poster sessions, including Illinois’ own Steve Dembo, Brad Fountain and Joe Brennan. There are going to be numerous Illinois DEN members on hand and presenting as well.

The general conference day scheduled sessions will be available mid January but here are some important links to get on board with now:

If you are a DEN Member and you will be attendance or you will be presenting, add a comment here to let us know what you are doing. We would love to highlight your participation. Feel free to email Scott Meech: Scott@Smeech.net with a blurb on what you will be presenting on and we will highlight your session here as well.

Look forward to seeing you all at this year’s event…

Comments

1. Anne Truger

I will be presenting a 2 day workshop on using Clay Animation in the Classroom and half day workshop on getting started in Second Life.

I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Mon-Fri

Hope to see many of you there!

~Anne

2. Joe Brennan

I’ll be there too. “Makin Movies” full day workshop on Tuesday and repeated again on Wednesday – that’s my take on the American Film Institute’s ScreenEd “Lights, Camera, Education!” Then just an hour on “Makin’ Movies” both Thursday and Friday as well as a session on Apple’s Pro Applications on Friday. Looks like we should also be seeing Hall, Brad, and Steve in attendance AND have a DEN get-together on Thursday night. More info on RSVP’ing for that to come.

3. Charlene

I’m presenting and co-presenting several sessions:
    a Tuesday workshop with Sharon Sossin: “Focus on Educational Moments”
    a Thursday workshop with Patricia Duggan: “21st Century Staff Development: Recipes for Adult Learners”
    and
    a Friday BYOL workshop: “Off Task: Websites and Web Tools You Didn’t Know You Needed.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!

4. Tracy Selock

I’ll be there too. I’m giving a poster session on Thurs. on Fri. entitled Becoming a Discovery Educator: Oh the Places You’ll Go!

5. Scott Meech

Presenting one session on Comic Life on Thursday on how this simple tool can be so useful. Its more about traditional strategies with an easy tool that has a small learning curve. One participant will win a 50 computer seat license from plasq.com.

Presenting two poster sessions on Friday. One is having my students show off their use of wikis in my classroom. The second is our student news team that films the school news program.

6. Lori Abrahams

I’ll be there too. I’m not presenting, but will be one of the many IL-TCE committee members running around making sure everything is going well. Spread the word, this year’s IL-TCE is going to be great. Hope to have the general session schedule online later this week.