Connect with educators from all over the country during this unique professional development experience where you can attend in-person, online, or both.
- When: Saturday, February 2nd from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Where: Adlai E. Stevenson High School, 1 Stevenson Drive, Lincolnshire, IL 60069 in the East Commons, Room 4400
- Register by Clicking Here: Select “IL Northern Chicago Suburbs” as the event location.
- 8:30 to 9:00 AM Breakfast
- 9:00 to 10:00 Am (Web 2.0 Building a Bigger Builder) or “The DEN in Second Life” (local) (Lori Abrahams & Charlene Chausis)
- 10 to 11 am: “The Bionic Lesson” – (Mike Bryant)
- 11 am to Noon: (virtual) “Revenge of the Digital Immigrants” (Hall Davidson)
- Noon to 1:30 pm: Lunch session: “50 Ways to Spin a Digital Story” (Steve Dembo)
- 1:30 to 2:30 pm: (virtual) “Lost in Translation” (Lance Rougeux)
- 2:30 to 3:30 pm: “DEN Delights” Lori Abrahams & Charlene Chausis)
More Information: The DEN Virtual Conference is a national event that provides educators a unique opportunity to experience Discovery Education’s high-quality professional development. Participants have the flexibility to attend the DEN Virtual Conference online or in-person at one of many regional events hosted by the DEN Leadership Councils.
The day will feature keynote presentations from Discovery’s own Hall Davidson and Lance Rougeux that will be broadcast to each of the regional gatherings. In between the keynote presentations, participants will attend breakout sessions presented by local STAR Discovery Educators.
Educators who cannot attend an in-person regional event still have the opportunity to participate virtually in the full-day conference. Special breakout sessions presented by Matt Monjan, Mike Bryant and Steve Dembo will be broadcast throughout the day.