So, the race is on . . . which region will win the title, the glory, the cool DEN prizes?
DEN Spring Training is back! This year the DEN coaches are scouting talent for the All-STAR team as well as looking for some new prospects to join the DEN squad. You have a couple ways to impress the coaches during DEN Spring Training and earn some DEN gear.
Renegotiate Your Contract
Every year STAR Discovery Educators are asked to report at least two events they have conducted in the past school year in order to have their contracts renewed for the following season (i.e., maintain STAR status for next school year). Give your agent some additional leverage to land you a big contract by reporting more than two events.
Recruit a Rookie
We’re always looking for new prospects who can throw a 90 mph fastball or embed a DE streaming video into PowerPoint. If you help us find a rookie sensation, we’ll hook you up with some new DEN gear.
Any STAR DE who recruits a new STAR Discovery Educator before June 6, 2008 will receive a DEN baseball jersey. Note: The STAR DE you recruit must have his/her contract officially signed by June 6, 2008 (i.e., he/she must complete all parts of the application process by June 6).
Help Your Region Win the Pennant
Your DEN Account Managers are looking to you to help them bring home the pennant for your region. The DEN Manager whose region has the most new STAR recruits during DEN Spring Training will win the coveted Discovery Educator Network Louisville Slugger straight from the factory in Kentucky.
The state with the most STAR Discovery Educators recruited during DEN Spring Training will receive a Day of Discovery featuring Hall “of Famer” Davidson and other major leaguers from the DEN team.
- Report at least 3 events and earn a DEN water bottle
- Recruit a new STAR and earn a DEN baseball jersey
- Help your DEN Manager win the pennant by recruiting new STARs
- Get Hall and the DEN team to host a Day of Discovery in your state by recruiting the most new STARs
I have full confidence in the mid-Atlantic region. Here are my reasons:
- We are among the first states to host the DEN, a state Leadership Council, and a DEN regional institute.
- Edulebrities (edu-celebrities) Lance Rougeux and Scott Kinney hail from our fair state
- We have a very active DEN with members who are busy hosting events and, most importantly, reporting all events
- The interest generated at the PETE&C DEN Pre-Conference Extravaganza is sure to attract lots more STARs to the PA network
- We are leading as of Week 1
- We got the “Mojo”