Better question would be where won’t we be?? I’m looking at the list of STARs that are presenting at NECC and I am blown away by the numbers.
Hall and I are each presenting a few times. Hall is being featured as a spotlight presenter this year and will be doing two sessions that you won’t want to miss. On Tuesday at 3:30, he’ll be presenting It’s In Your Pocket: Teaching Spectacularly with Cell Phones. I’ve been working on that one with him, and it looks to be incredible. I may even be doing a little guest appearance with him! Then on Wednesday at noon, he’ll be presenting The Man Behind the Curtain: Really Simple HTML for Non-Wizards. I’ve seen this one before and it’s a blast. Don’t get stressed out by the word “HTML”, he really does make it easy to get very impressive results.
For myself, I’ll be presenting Policies, Safety and Social Networking on Wednesday at 1:30pm. It focuses on the need for schools to update their policies to reflect Web 2.0 sites and social network and provides examples for how to do it safely while maintaining high standards. I’ll also be speaking on two panels. The first is Podcasting & Podcatching for the Absolute Beginner on Monday at 11:00am, and the second is Social Networking in Education on Tuesday at 2:00pm. Hope to see you there!
As if five sessions by the DEN team weren’t enough, that’s just barely scratching the surface! The following list are all sessions featuring STAR Discovery Educators!
Sunday, June 29, 2008 Concurrent Sessions, Workshops, Poster Sessions
- 7:00 PM Martha Thornburgh Mathlincs: A Collaborative Math Project with a Global Span
Monday, June 30, 2008 Concurrent Sessions, Workshops, Poster Sessions
- 8:30 AM Fred Delventhal, Elaine Plybon, Nancy Sharoff, Lori Abrahams, Anne Truger, Beth Knittle Creating a Personal Learning Network in Second Life
- 8:30 AM Ben Smith, Jared Mader The Tech Based Science Classroom
- 8:30 AM Stephanie Anderson Learn to Podcast and Video Edit Now!
- 11:00 AM Susan Anderson, Jim Holland Breathing Life into Your Curriculum: Google Earth Advanced Placemarks
- 11:00 AM Charlene Chausis Off Task: Web Sites and Web Tools You Didn’t Know You Needed
- 12:30 PM Grace Smith, Stephanie Throne Differentiating Instruction with 21st-Century Tools/NETS•S in Encore Classrooms
- 12:30 PM Michelle Hutton Python: Learn Programming the Fun Way
- 1:00 PM Anne Truger Re-Energize Your Curriculum with Clay Animation
- 3:30 PM Ben Smith, Jared Mader Student Creativity and Innovation in Schools
- 4:45 PM Stevie Kline Panel Participant in Bernajean Porter’s: Digital Storytelling: Becoming StoryKeepers
Tuesday, July 1, 2008 Concurrent Sessions, Workshops, Poster Sessions
- 10:00 AM Susan Anderson, Jim Holland Hidden Treasures in Your Curriculum: Geocaching for Students
- 11:00 AM Vicki Green, Kathy Andrzejewski Differentiated Instruction-One Click at a Time
- 12:30 PM Michelle Hutton Computing Outreach: Getting Students Excited about Computing!
- 12:30 PM Ben Smith, Jared Mader The How To Workshop for New Technologies
- 1:00 PM Beverly Plein, Joanna Ebert Think Big, Think Global, Think 21st-Century Skills
- 1:00 PM Nancy Sharoff Visual Literacy and Web 2.0: Implications and Applications for Education
- 1:00 PM Kristen Innes, Jen Kiddle Technology, Art, Music: Integrating across the Curriculum to Meet Standards
- 1:00 PM Jim Holland, Gaby Krumm Print, Cut, Fold: Creative Technology Projects for all Curricula Areas
- 3:30 PM Carol Anne McGuire Rock Our World: Global Collaboration buzzword or educational reality?
- 3:30 PM Alma Row The Price Is Right: Free Online Resources for Educators
Wednesday, July 2, 2008 Concurrent Sessions, Workshops, Poster Sessions
- 9:00 AM Cheryl Lykowski Global Explorers-Where Students Are Making The Global Connection
- 9:00 AM Mary Amtsberg, Jean Thorpe Blogging, Podcasting and Smart Boards – Oh My!
- 9:00 AM Heather Hurley, Wendy Heller Make Your Mark with SMART! Implementing SMART Classroom Tools
- 9:00 AM Jim Holland, Susan Anderson Google Earth: Real Science, Real Word, Real Fun!
- 12:00 PM Lisa Parisi, Christine Southard Harris Burdick Online Writing Project
- 12:00 PM Michelle Hutton Python for Fun Introductory Programming
- 12:00 PM MaryCarole Strother iLearners in an eWorld
- 12:00 PM Kenneth Shelton Technology Integration Station “Your next stop to innovation”
- 1:30 PM Carol Broos It’s Music: Compose, Post, Share, and Comment
- 1:30 PM Robin Ellis The Walls Came Down: Incubating Collaborative Learning Environments
Whew! Did I miss anyone? If so, please leave a comment and let me know! And definitely make it a point to check out your fellow STAR Discovery Educator’s presentations and support the network!