This is a fun and easy trick that that will allow you and your students to add callouts and balloons to your Movie Maker movies. Once you install the files, they are ready to use each time you use Movie Maker.
1. Download the “BFXCallouts.exe” file to your desktop.
2. Double click the icon for the .exe file and follow setup instructions (your files will be placed in the AddOnTFX folder which is found at: C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX)
3. RESTART MOVIE MAKER IF IT IS OPEN!!
4. Open Movie Maker and import a saved editable video clip.
5. Add your clip to the timeline.
6. Click on “tools” and select “titles and credits.”
7. Click “Add title on the selected clip in the timeline.”
8. Select “Change the Animation.”
9. Select the “BFX Callout” that works best for you (there are six to choose from).
10. Enter the text that you would like to place in the callout. Click “play” to preview.
11. Place your callout on the timeline in the title overlay section. Move it left or right to get your timing right.
12. Select “Save to my computer” and follow directions.
13. Browse to the saved file and give it a whirl!