I know, I know . . . you’ve all had such a wonderful holiday break and you don’t want to be reminded of getting back to work. I have the solution! Get motivated and inspired by attending Discovery Education’s free webinar series. Here are some of the terrific webinars coming up in January.
- January 6, 7:00 PM EST
- If every teacher is a Rock STAR, then this is your chance to shine! During these webinars, we will be featuring Shining STARs from around the DEN. Best practices, new technologies, collaborative projects… Come see what STAR Discovery Educators are doing around the world and learn from their experiences! If you’d like to be a presenter in this series of webinars, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and describe what you’d like to share!
- January 13, 7:00 PM EST
- Come see ways to share your videos and learn from others. We’ll take a look at the American Film Institute’s ScreenNation, TeacherTube and a few of the winners in various education video contests.
- January 20, 5:45 PM EST
- Did you know that you can quickly, safely, and easily share Discovery Education streaming digital media directly with your students on a one on one basis, and track their progress? The Builders include Assignment Builder, Quiz Builder, and Writing Prompt Builder. After demonstrating how these powerful digital media integration tools are utilized, I’ll review quick tips and tricks that make these tools even more accessible. I’ll finalize by creating a live quiz to email out to attendees to demonstrate how to share digital media directly with your students from anywhere they can get internet access.
- January 21, 7:00 PM EST
- Called the “Pied Piper of Educational Technology” by the School Library Journal, Dr. Tim Tyson has worked in the field of education as a teacher (at the middle, high school, and college levels) and an administrator, for nearly 30 years. During this webinar, he will share a glimpse of what he sees when he peeks into the Classroom of Tomorrow. A fresh look at what is now possible, this webinar may well challenge some of our current thinking about school structures, roles, and relationships.
- January 27, 7:00 PM EST
- Join Jennifer Gingerich as she shows how to gather media from Discovery Education into digital kits that can then be used for differentiated instruction in the classroom!
If you want to see the rest of the webinar schedule, click here to browse the WebEx event manager.
On behalf of your DEN PA Leadership Council, I wish you a happy, healthy, and inspired 2009!