Web 2.0 tools, usually free, but can disappear from the digital landscape.
- Biographies with Blabberize:could use a triangle to describe its formulas; original song in music class; world language instruction; ;has an experimental SuperBlabber with scenes view. Check out the Plagiarism Yoda.
- ToonDoo: a comic creator that could be used to create graphic novels; use your own media inside the tools ToonDoo.
- PollEverywhere: a one-question poll for your mobile phone.
- Go Animate:
- OurStory: creates a story in a timeline or Xtimeline (xtimeline has embeddable code)
- Capzles: captures multimedia within a story; see George Carlin. Could be a great resource for lab reports.
- VoiceThread: collaborative commenting.
- Jumpcut: originally for iMovie, web-based; you cannot upload your own media into it anymore
- JayCut: in beta version; has 2 video tracks; cannot do voice overs yet; can upload your own media (audio and video); has 250 MB per movie but unlimited movies.
- MyPlick: designed to line up a PowerPoint presentation; simplier than SlideShare; both have embeddable code.
- xtranormal: sets your movie in a world; feels like a form of Second Life.
- MyPresi: more features than PowerPoint; funky and new; can embed video; cognitive dissonance.
- SnagIt: lets you take screen shots, capture audio/video and creates a .avi file.
To bypass email issues:
- mailcatch.com: a 24-hour mail holder for account verification
- or use gmail and +name (everything will go to one account)