Since our pal Dave Kootman has gone over to the “dark-side!” (LOL) I’ve volunteered to take on the roll of Nor CA blogger for the DEN. I’m really excited…so here it goes.
I spent the first weekend in March attending the CUE conference (Computer Using Educators) in
Below is a list of the resources that were shared during the Walk with the STARS session:
Genny Kahlweiss- Genny is CA DEN’s leader and had great resources to share!
- The Space Place-Visit this NASA site for everything space related!
- a.placebetween.us- finds places to meet your friends.
- Twitter – Follow Genny @ kahlweiss
- Go2Web20- A complete Web 2.0 directory
Dave Kootman’s site- Native Consulting contains too many cool resources to list here! Select Handouts & Downloads tab. Scroll to Cool Ten (Latest) Websites. Check out the Woices website….really cool!
- Stop Watch Tool This tool is really the “bomb!
- MultiColr Search Lab Searches Flickr photos by color!
- ·Picasa Web Albums Add captions and Google map location to your images. Saves as .kmz file too. Dennis’s directions
Martha Snyder- a Nor Cal DEN LC member shared her use of NING to create staff networking sites.
Suzzane Wesp the creator of the famous Homophone video found exclusively on DE Streaming has now created a multiplication video called You can Multiply by 12…Look for it in DE Streaming!
Jannita Demian’s – Jannita shared a plethora of sites that you will want to check out.
- Glogster and Glogster for education allow users to create interactive posters
- Bio Cube from Think Read Write summarizes a person’s biography or autobiography on a multimedia cube.
- Blabberize allows you to make any picture talk!
Christy G. Keeler, Ph.D – Visit a Virtual Museum and learn how to build a PowerPoint in perspective! Scroll to the bottom of Christy’s blog to find the templates to begin creating your own .ppt in perspective. This is a must visit site!
Ray Waller- Ray created quite a stir when he showed off his xtranormal movie creation featuring Matt and Jannita! Xtranormal allows users to create 3D movies in minutes that can be uploaded to YouTube.
Matt Monjan- Discovey’s Media Share – allows district users to upload, categorize and share videos. MS not only allows for searching media by state standard it even allows for embedding videos outside of streaming! Wait there’s more! MS can bulk upload your PowerPoint’s and will be ready for live viewing in less than fifteen minutes.
Phew! So many great resources to check out and so little time!
Thanks DEN STARS!