Discovery Education streaming subscribers already know that new media content is added all the time. Tonight ” Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment” premiers on the Discovery Channel and streaming subscribers can already access corresponding video in streaming to use with their students:
- The Alaska Experiment: Part One: Into the Wild
- The Alaska Experiment: Part Two: What Did We Get Ourselves Into?
- The Alaska Experiment: Part Three: Starving in the Wilderness
- The Alaska Experiment: Part Four: Hunt or Be Hunted
- The Alaska Experiment: Part Five: Alaska Bites Back
- The Alaska Experiment: Part Six: No Turning Back
- The Alaska Experiment: Part Seven: Take the Long Way Home
I’m really excited about this series as I had the opportunity to travel to Alaska in February to work with the terrific teachers in the Anchorage School District.
Yes, we did actually see a moose!
[It probably wasn't advisable to get this close to the moose, but when will I ever get a picture like this again?]
What is “The Alaska Experiment”?
The experiment begins when nine ordinary people are abandoned off in Central Alaska with only a few essential supplies and a goal to make it back to civilization. Alaska wastes no time testing their wilderness experience and severe hunger sets in.
There are some terrific interactive features posted on the series website.
- Meet the Volunteers
- Supply List (Could you survive with just these items?)
- Alaska Puzzles
- Frontier Alaska Game
- Alaska Survival School Videos
- Video Quiz
- Discussion Board
So, if you are looking for a terrific series with great classroom extensions, check out “The Alaska Experiment” premiering on April 14th at 10:00 PM ET on the Discovery Channel.