Thank you to all the wonderful college and university students who are spending their summer working with middle school students in the Lehigh Valley Summerbidge program. I applaud your commitment to learning and to your community.
Click here to log into Discovery Education.
Here are some resources that will be helpful in your use of DE streaming and DE Science this summer.
- 50 Ways to Integrate DE streaming
- DE streaming Quick Start Guide
- DE Science Middle School Quick Start Guide
- DE Science Integration Strategies
- Embedding Video into PowerPoint 97/2003
- Embedding Video into PowerPoint 2007
- Widgets for Your DE streaming Builder
- Get Your ‘Og On – Glogs, Blogs, and Vlogs
- Roundtrip Tickets to Anywhere – DE streaming and Google Earth
- Thinking Outside the Slide – Non-Linear Multimedia Presentations
Here are some great Web 2.0 applications.
- Go Animate
- Diigo – social bookmarking and annotation
- Wikispaces – ad-free educational wikis
- Edublogs – moderated educational blogs
- Edmodo – microblogging, shared calendars, private document sharing, annotation
Here are some additional educational technology training resources.
- Learning Networks
- Digital Storytelling
- Digital Storytelling with Web 2.0
- Google Tools for Schools – Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Groups, Google Sites, Google Knol, Google Reader, Blogger, Google News, Google Customized Search, etc.
These are just really useful applications.