Discovery Education always brings the cutting edge to the DEN before the edge is cut. That’s why I love the new Discovery logo. Although I think its reference is the new Discovery Student Adventures program, the catch phrase works for everything that Discovery does: they help us discover the undiscovered–ahead of everyone else. As they reshape the classroom of tomorrow via webinars, virtual conferences, global educational ventures, national networking, keynote speakers, innovative PBL, etexts and streaming (cornered the market on these latter two), they reconfigure our educational tools, and let’s face it, no one does it better.
So, why improve on perfection? Why make Discoverystreaming better? Because they can! And sometimes an answer is just that simple. Here’s your chance, now that you have registered for the DEN’s Summer School, to get a sneak peek at some summer enhancements to Discovery Education streaming. Register today for a Back-to-School Preview webinar to learn all about the new features and content coming our way this summer. Why do we love Discovery Education Streaming. Check out the cutting edge enhancements:
New organizations joining the 150+ publishers contributing to
Discovery Education services:
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- More announced soon…
Current partners adding more content:
- Colman Communications
- Peer Power
- Aquarius Health Care Media
- Language Tree
Useful videos about financial literacy, and resources on Internet safety and cyberbullying are highlights from the hundreds of new titles being added to Discovery Education services for back-to-school.
Redefine the Meaning of Classroom
- Simplify your day and manage your classes with administrative tools that allow educators to assign Quizzes, Writing Prompts and Assignments to individual students or groups
- Students may access assignments from anywhere, anytime using their own unique student login.
Find What You Need, When You Need It
- Universal search through all services
- Quickly find videos, virtual labs, reading passages, educator-created
content, and other interactive resources based on the Discovery Education
services to which you have access
- Filter search results more effectively
- Refine your search results by popularity, a span of copyright dates, editable rights, and more
- Discover related resources to the videos you choose
- Quickly identify other similar titles when viewing instructional resources
- Scan for Teacher’s Guides, Blackline Masters, and other classroom resources
- Fresh, new search results interface allowing at-a-glance previewing of four times as many titles
- Flash video: Ease the management of classroom technology by supporting one file
type for both Mac and Windows platforms
- Provide improved video quality over streamed 256K WMV and MOV files with minimal impact to bandwidth
Take Learning to the Next Level with interactives available exclusively in Discovery Education streaming PLUS
- Skill Builders – Harness the power of visualization and help students experience mathematics through Skill Builders that allow students to investigate the effects of changing variables. Over 100 Skill Builders spanning core subject areas get students engaged through hands-on experience.
- Games – Practice basic Language Arts and Mathematics skills through some of the over 100 games like Supernova Sentence Puzzles and Leon’s Math Dojo.
- Math Overviews and Explanations – Access thousands of self-paced tutorials that explain difficult-to-understand mathematics concepts.
So there you have it–excellence in educational technology–leading the way in 21st century teaching and learning.