A recent podcast by The Tech Chicks, recommended several great and FREE links/sites/applications. Be sure to visit their site and enjoy these teaching resources:
- Math Posters
- TakingITGlobal - social network for student to take a stand for their environment.
- Kewl Grader – just like that little wheel you have to figure out a percentage score for a student who gets 7 wrong out of 27. There is an iPhone app for this too.
- Bugscope – The Bugscope project provides free interactive access to a scanning electron microscope (SEM) so that students anywhere in the world can explore the microscopic world of insects.
- SignUpNow – create an online sign up sheet for many things, homeroom activities, personal lists etc. Here is a sample: http://www.signappnow.com/sheet/hPGN6CWw
- Energy Education – Teach your students the importance of green energy while enhancing your required curriculum. Here you’ll find about 63 creative lesson plans, projects and other activities for grades K-12 on energy-related topics.
- Reflections – Icebreaker activities
Enjoy the resources AND of course, pass them on to a colleague.
Image by HappyVia via flickr.com