Wikis can be used for many things by different people. Even with the limited editing tools, there is enough available to create some online content for any purpose. There is a blog post on the smarttech.com site that offers 50 Ways to Use Wikis for a More Collaborative and Interactive Classroom.
When you are finished reading this article, visit this site to compare over 25 different types of wiki programs.
Want some more suggestions? Try these:
- 38 Ways to use Wordle
- 17 Ways to use VoiceThread
- 23 Ways to use Nintendo DS in the classroom
- 40 Ways to use Pocket Video
- 21 Ways to use GoogleDocs
- 24 Ways to use GoogleEarth
- 42 Ways to use your IWB in your classroom
- 34 Interesting ways to use Search Engines in the classroom
- 25 Interesting ways to use Twitter in the classroom
Many of the above lists were created by Tom Barrett.