Happy National DEN Teacher Appreciation Day!

deIt’s an annual dilemma here at the DEN.  What do we give our STARs for National Teacher Appreciation Day?  Steve suggested an iPad for everyone while I suggested we raffle off his.  The conversation ended.

Matt Monjan wanted to give every STAR dinner with Hall Davidson, but we secretly know that Matt just wanted dinner with Hall.

Justin Karkow thought it would be nice to bring back the hydro clocks, but we didn’t get the order submitted in time.

So, after much deliberation it dawned on us…

For National DEN Teacher Appreciation Day we have decided to give all of our STARs:

• 80,000 video segments
  • 284 explorations
  • 39 virtual labs
  • 19 Fun-damentals
  • 72 interactive videos
  • 20 simulations
  • 527 animations
  • 459 eBooks
  • 161 games
  • 167 skill builders
  • 466 songs
  • 3,000 sound effects
  • and more!

All STAR Discovery Educators can now explore the resources in DE streaming Plus (which includes the unbelievable LIFE series), DE Science for Elementary, DE Science for Middle School and DE Health for 90 days.

All you have to do is visit this page on the new DEN online community website, log in and follow the directions.

Then join us today at 5 PM ET for a webinar where we’ll give you a tour of the content you probably haven’t seen before.

Register for today’s webinar at: http://community.discoveryeducation.com/webinar

Happy National DEN Teacher Appreciation Day!

1. TechyNana said:

Thanks for all you do to make our lives, and the lives of our students, so rich with media for learning. As my students and teachers say, “You rock!”

2. Lucas Rodriguez IV said:

It just keeps getting better and better.(The iPad would have been cool) I am not sure what is in store for tomorrow, but this was a welcome suprise.

Thank you again.

3. Marie Coleman said:

Thanks! What a great gift – recognition of our use of media content! Of course, the iPad was a nice thought, too! 😉

4. Kristine Rebstock said:

SWEET!!!! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Can someone tell me where I would see the Streaming Plus? I know I’m probably looking right at it, but I just don’t see it. Help, pretty please?

5. Alison Oswald-Keene said:

Thanks to DEN for great resources for all the STARS! You all are the best! The iPad was a nice thought though. Maybe a deal for a discount?

6. Kim Smith said:

AWESOME!! As per usual. I LOVE Elementary Science!! Wish we had it all year long!

7. Tim said:

It’s nice to be appreciated every now and then. Thank you Discovery Education!

8. Bobbi Gurney said:

Thank you!! Being a DEN STAR ROCKS! My students will be so excited to experience some of the “Life Series”! Discovery Science is AMAZING!

9. Ann Marie Bishop said:

As always, teaching and using Discovery Education and all it’s components adds life to any classroom. Thanks for all you do for us! So sorry I can’t make it to DENNI this year, but ya’ll make sure you post all the great ideas!!!

10. Bobbi Capwell said:

Wow this is fantastic. Being on a curriuclum writing team , theis will enhance the lessons. Thank you thank you..

11. Peggy Perkins said:

I signed up yesterday, but don’t see where I have access to the Streaming Plus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

12. rita henson said:

Is it too late to sign up for the teacher appreciation gifts

13. Trina Springer said:

Wow, the DEN does Rock! Me however was a bit behind and just read the email today. Can I still get some of these goodies? Thank you.