Join in the following initiative in support of Ed Tech funding sponsored by CoSN, and the EdTech Action Network:
Join the campaign! Today, MAY 12, advocates from across the country are tweeting for education technology funding. Funding for classroom technology is in jeopardy, but together we can make our tweets heard and urge Congress to fund the Enhancing Education Through Technology (EETT) program at $500 million for FY 2011. President Obama provided no funding for the program in his budget, but Congress does not have to agree with this recommendation.
Tweet these sample messages throughout the day, or create your own. Encourage your neighbors and colleagues to join the twitterfest, and if you have a blog, spread the word that way.
Here are some sample tweets, mostly under 100 characters so there’s room to retweet and personalize a bit. Or, make up your own!
* @TomHarkin #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
* @DavidObey #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
* @ThadCochran #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
* @RepToddTiahrt #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
* Our schools need 21st century education, #EETT. Fund #edtech at $500 m
* No funding for #edtech? No prep for 21st century. Fund #EETT at $500m
* I support #edtech. I vote. Fund #EETT at $500m in 2011
* As a principal/teacher/parent I know our kids need #edtech skills. Fund #EETT at $500m
Thank you for joining the effort! Together, we can make our voices heard!