The Explore the Blue campaign promotes youth participation in on-the-water activities and aquatic conservation efforts.
Join us on Friday, June 4 at 1 PM ET for a special webinar where we’ll show your students how to build a Terra Aqua Column using recycled materials. We’ll illustrate the connections between the mini-ecosystem they create and the world they see around them.
And just in time for summer, you can find hands on, outdoor activities that encourage families to spend time together, exploring all that nature has to offer. Activities include:
- Boating Journal – How many type of boats can you name? Compile a checklist, plan an outing to observe as many as you can and discuss how each is powered.
- Building Boats – Create model boats using different materials, then test them on the water for a fun activity that will teach basics of buoyancy, water displacement, surface area and boat design.
- Exploring Ecosystems – Research the ecosystem of a local body of water, then visit it to compare your research with you find there and create your very own field guide!
- Making Maps – Create a map of your excursion area and travel where you go and what you see along the way to compare different habitats within an ecosystem.
- Observational Journal – Start a journal about a nearby water system, complete with photos, descriptions of the plant and animal life, weather conditions and other observations.
Enjoy the outdoors with your family this summer!