Discovery had elements that can help meet many reading needs, such as:
- for English Language Learners, special education students, or simply reluctant readers, use close captioned videos to encourage learning by hitting both audio and visual modalities; use the advanced search option to specify the closed caption option for a search
- Teaching literature genres? Check out videos such as Genres: an introduction (MS and HS) or Exploring Genres (upper elem. or MS).
- Knowing vocabulary is a building block of reading through all grades. From early learning words to subject vocabulary to SAT preparation, Discovery has resources for vocabulary development
- Book related videos, such as Chicka Chicka Boom Boom or And Then What Happened Paul Revere can support struggling readers with the print text or be used as a supplement to a class reading or theme unit
- Other reading related areas include literary devices, comprehension, and phonics.