|An excellent digital resource from Discovery Education|
One of my favorite cancer resources is Discovery Health, and I use it in the classroom, even though I teach English. Why?
- Because this product has relevance to every curriculum.
- Cancer touches every family.
- I have students battling cancer, as well as their family members.
- Art imitates life, and literature, print and non-print media, increasingly explores health, wellness and diseases in writing life.
- Because I am rewired digitally, and while not an iGeneration, I teach them, and they make an impact on my daily life, in and out of the classroom. So does Discovery Health.
- And because I have cancer.
- Because I am beating back cancer with resources available to me in a format I embrace — Discovery Health.
I learned about SU2C because it appeared in Discovery Health when I accessed it to use for a classroom concept. Let’s face it, we all lead busy lives, so I don’t always watch TV, read magazines (hard copy, at least), and I almost never ever read a newspaper. What I grab and go with happens via social networking and classroom preparations, aka lesson planning. That’s how I found out that I will be watching Stand Up To Cancer tonight at 8 PM Eastern.
And to be honest, anything that can improve the quality of life, improve a lifestyle, or save a life–that’s for me. Thank you, Discovery Health, for really making your products authentic, relevant, and well, lifesaving.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Adventures in Parenting Week: September 13 – 17, 2010 (changingconnections.blogspot.com)
- PD From DE: What a Week! (changingconnections.blogspot.com)
- ‘Stand Up To Cancer:’ Stars Come Out for Televised Fundraiser (abcnews.go.com)