Saturday January 29, 2011
8:00 am to 1:30 pm
Adlai E. Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, IL
Attend the seventeenth annual NICE Mini Conference sponsored by Northern Illinois Computing Educators(Chapter of Illinois Computing Educators).
Registration and refreshments will begin at 8:00 a.m. in the Forum.
During this time, you can meet our 2010 Mini”Grant winners and learn about their projects.
NEW! Four 50 minute breakout sessions will follow the poster sessions, and we will conclude the day with a great raffle! You’re sure to come away with some great new ideas, and maybe a raffle prize, too. More details about each of the breakout sessions at:
Admission is $5.00…pay @ the door and includes continental breakfast! ( Open to everyone – You do not need to be an ICE or NICE member)
Pre-register by going to: http://tinyurl.com/nice-mini2011 or just show up at the door!
Questions? contact the Mini Conference Co-Chairs:
Helen Lazzaro, email@example.com
Sharon Sossin firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Is there really an App for that? IEAR
· Build Your Personal Learning Network with Social Media Tools
· STEM to STEAM to STEAMIE: Add PBL, 21st Century Skills, and Fine Arts to STEM
· National Poetry Month and other projects in the iCollaboratory
· Storytelling for the YouTube Generation
· Word: More Than A Word Processing Program
· Make Your School House Rock
· Be a Global Communicator: Using Skype and Other Tools
· The One-iPad Classroom
· The LLA to Personal Professional Development: a framework for learning
· STEM Inquiry & Research: A hybrid approach to student research
· Favorite FREE Web Tools
· Using the Alpha Smart NEO’s in the 4th Grade Classroom
· iPad in the Science Classroom
· Senior Studies and Google Sites
· Blogging with Books
· Engaging 21st Century Learners w/ SMART Technology Solutions
· Capture the Colorful Cosmos
· The World of Wordle
· Whales In Lake Michigan? Sizing Up (web)Sites. Seven Simple Steps
· Within’ Technology, Without Technology
· No Future Left Behind: Digital Natives/Immigrants Learn, Transform, Create
· Share your “Inspire”-ation: a Promethean IWB Users Group