Nothing beats a snow day. Educators love a day off as much as their students (sometimes more, don’t you think…). Catching up on some great opportunities I’d like to share.
If you’re snowed in and want a refresher course (perhaps for creating PD for your teachers as an IC or you are a newbie), try the series opener for The New Year, New You Webinar on Back to Basics: A Discovery Education Streaming Overview at 3:30 PM ET today.
PETE&C–and that means the DEN PreCon–is just around the corner (February 13, 2010), bringing our very own Hall Davidson as Keynote Speaker. From Cynthia Brown, our new DEN Regional Manager, come several opportunities.
- STAR Discovery Educators can register for Beyond the Textbook preconference free. Click here.
- If you are interested in participating in an informal laptop open sharing session after lunch like we did last year, click here.
- If you want to be a STAR in time for PETE&C, click here.
- It’s not too late to submit a proposal to present at the PreCon. Your deadline is February 1. Email Cynthia Brown.
- If you can help set up on Saturday afternoon on February 12, please let Cynthia know, since there is a dinner at one of the Hershey Lodge’s restaurants that evening and we need a head count for reservations.
Angela Cunningham aggregated the best of TED Talks For Social Studies Educators. Her slideshow found its way to me via our IC, Jen Brinson, who thought Slide 29 would work wonderfully as a resource for my Honors English 11 mid-term on Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs, and Steel. Must admit that on a snow day, they make really fine viewing. Enjoy.