Discovery Education is pleased to present the 2011 Administrator’s Day of Discovery at Discovery Education’s World Headquarters in Silver Spring, MD on May 6, 2011. This event has been specifically designed for area Administrators including: Building Administrators; District Administrators; District Personnel; and Curriculum Coordinators and Supervisors, and it will be framed by the following essential questions:
- How can digital content and tools from Discovery Education be leveraged to meet the needs of educators while increasing student achievement and transforming 21st century students into self-directed learners?
- As administrators, how do you facilitate the shift from students as consumers to students as producers?
We are excited to announce that Dr. Jack Dale, Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, will be our featured speaker. Dr. Dale will start the day by sharing his vision for educational technology and how Fairfax County Public Schools is making the digital shift and embracing digital media and technology to reach 21st century learners.
Following Dr. Dale’s opening presentation, Hall Davidson, Director of Global Learning Initiatives for the Discovery Educator Network, will deliver his keynote presentation: Taking Leadership in the Digital Age: Linking Engagement, Assessment, and Achievement.
The presentations delivered by Dr. Jack Dale and Hall Davidson will frame the day. From there, Administrators will be able to participate in concurrent sessions delivered by Discovery Education’s team and local STAR Discovery Educator’s.
Here’s a sneak peek:
- Mission Possible: Re-Visioning Engaging, Rigorous, and Relevant Instruction
Presenter: Jocelyn Chadwick, Director of Curriculum Development
- InFormative Education: Working Smarter, Not Harder
Presenters: Kyle Schutt, Manager, Discovery Educator Network and Andrew Walls, Regional Sales Representative
- Anytime Anywhere: A Discovery Educator’s Guide to Lifelong Learning
Presenter: Porter Palmer, Manager, Discovery Educator Network
- Have Fun and Gain Productivity Using Digital Content as a 21st Century School Administrator!
Presenter: Susanne Meixsell, Vice President of Professional Development
- Activating Student Engagement with Discovery Education
Presenters: Lori Miller and Margie Gaudino, STAR Discovery Educators, Montgomery County Public Schools
- Web 2.0 for Administrators and Others: Schools, Tools, and the 21st Century
Presenter: Hall Davidson, Director of Global Learning Initiatives, Discovery Educator Network
- The Admin’s Guide to Hunting and Managing Student Users on Discovery Education
Presenter: Craig Halper, Vice President of Customer Loyalty and Platform Strategy
If you’re an Administrator, we invite you to join us for this interactive and enriching day of professional development.