Note: This challenge is being hosted on the DiscoveryEd Facebook page. If Facebook is blocked in your school, you can visit here to read the details of the challenge, but all videos must be uploaded through Facebook.
Want to spend some time on the set of the MYTHBUSTERS? One lucky educator will be able to do just that, and win a class room prize pack from the show as well. If you’d like it to be you, all you have to do is enter the “Bust-A-Myth” Video Challenge!
We’ve chosen three popular myths from the show.
- Is a piece of buttered toast more likely to land buttered side up or buttered side down?
- Is it possible to fold a piece of paper more than seven times?
- Will cola clean a penny? Discolor a tooth? Dissolve a steak?
Once they’ve chosen the myth, they have to learn about the scientific process and how the MYTHBUSTERS tackled the same myths through resources from Discovery Education. From there, they just have to develop a project plan, do the investigation, and create a video to document their results (5 minutes or less).
Our team of judges will evaluate the videos based on Creativity, the Investigative Process, and Student Engagement. The top five videos will be posted up on our Facebook page for the Discovery community to vote on.
What’s at stake?
- (40) backpacks & (1) MythBusters DVD Prize Pack for the winning educator’s classroom
- A trip for two people to San Francisco to attend a live taping of aMYTHBUSTERS episode
What are you waiting for? Visit our Facebook page now and click on the “Bust-A-Myth” link in the sidebar.