Wow! What an exceptional group of talented educators we have in the DEN. Thanks to those of you who applied to be part of the 2011 class of DEN Gurus. This was a very exciting, and difficult, process. All of the applications were phenomenal! We set out to choose 10 finalists and couldn’t do it. The expertise in this community just blows us away.
After a lot of review and discussion we have selected 12 finalists for DEN Gurus. Here’s the list along with their proposed session titles.
- Kim Caise Global Collaboration Projects using Web Tools and Web Conferences
- Charlene Chausis ePub and the Future of the Book
- Lea Anne Daughrity Touching 21st Century Science
- David Fisher The Fab Four Video Projects
- Michael Gorman Advancing STEM Education On A Scratch
- Monique Liles Creating E-Learning Courses for the Social Studies Classroom
- Cheryl Lykowski The Collaborative Classroom: Integrating Collaboration & Digital Tools Within the 21st Century Classroom
- Dean Mantz Engaging Students Visually
- Rita Mortenson Project-Based Learning using iMovie and Discovery Streaming
- Elaine Plybon Using Media for Student-Centered Assessment
- Kathy Schrock Twitter: Cure What Ails You
- Jennifer Wagner Online Projects — Why, When, Who, Where, How.
They will be given the opportunity to do a 25- minute version of their presentation on April 18, 20, or 21 for a panel of judges and attendees.
We hope that you will all join us.
Monday 4/18 6-8pm EDT (Register here.)
Wednesday 4/20 6-8pm EDT (Register here.)
Thursday 4/21 6-8pm EDT (Register here.)