This week’s results are in. DEN STARs are really working to keep their STAR status in shape! Based on the latest stats for DEN Spring Training 2011, here’s our leader board.
Don’t worry if you’re not on the list! There’s still time. DEN Spring Training ends May 13.
Hit A SINGLE
Each of these is worth 1 Spring Training Point
- Read the weekly updates every Friday
- Register to attend the DENny Awards (May 17)
- Like the Discovery Education on facebook
- Like Discovery Student Adventures on facebook
- Sign up to Win A Wireless Lab by May 2
- Follow Discovery Education on Twitter
- Design the car of the future using the new virtual design lab at Fuel Our Future Now
- Test your driving skills by playing Heads Up
- Explore the Discovery Education Wilkes University Instructional Media Program site
- Subscribe to the DEN blog
Hit a DOUBLE
Each of these is worth 2 Spring Training Points
- Add a STAR badge to your blog or website. (Get them here > About the DEN > DEN Badges)
- Add a STAR Twibbon to your Twitter.
- Explore one of the eBooks or virtual labs on the Siemens We Can Change the World website
- Encourage a colleague to apply to become a STAR Discovery Educator
- Attend the Spring Virtual Conference on April 30
- Attend a webinar
Hit A TRIPLE
Each of these is worth 3 Spring Training Points
- Enter the TurfMutt Landscapes Across America contest
- Nominate a student for the Young Scientist Challenge by April 15
- Get 10 colleagues to sign up to Win A Wireless Lab by May 2
- Enter the Teen Driving Safety: Educators’ Challenge by May 3
- Attend the Earth Day webinar featuring Jeff Corwin with your students on April 19
Hit A Home Run
This one is worth 40 Spring Training Points
- Upload a resource to DEN Community >Educator Resources > Upload Resources.
Here’s a PDF version if you want to print it to help you keep up with your progress. Once you’ve done all your training, record your results on this handy checklist. Double check your math because if you get 50 or more Spring Training Points, we’ll send you this nifty canvas beach tote complete with Discovery Educator Network embroidered on it.
Now, get to it! You have until May 13th to show us what you’ve got! We’ll be posting a leader board periodically. So keep an eye out on the blogs, or subscribe to them… that’s worth a point right there!
Here’s the link to report your activity in case you missed it up there!