You have a few days left to get your “Bust-A-Myth” entries in! On April 30th, the entry period will close and we will narrow the field down to five finalists, one of whom is going to win a trip to San Francisco to attend a taping of the MythBusters. And if that wasn’t a big enough prize, you’ll also win a classroom set of backpacks and Mythbusters DVD’s and gear for your students.
We’ve chosen three popular myths from the show:
- Is a piece of buttered toast more likely to land buttered side up or buttered side down?
- Is it possible to fold a piece of paper more than seven times?
- Will cola clean a penny? Discolor a tooth? Dissolve a steak?
Once they’ve chosen the myth, they have to learn about the scientific process and how the MYTHBUSTERS tackled the same myths through resources from Discovery Education. From there, they just have to develop a project plan, do the investigation, and create a video to document their results (5 minutes or less). Our team of judges will evaluate the videos based on Creativity, the Investigative Process, and Student Engagement. The top five videos will be posted up on our Facebook page for the Discovery community to vote on. What’s at stake?
- (40) backpacks & (1) MythBusters DVD Prize Pack for the winning educator’s classroom
- A trip for two people to San Francisco to attend a live taping of aMYTHBUSTERS episode
What are you waiting for? Visit our Facebook page now and click on the “Bust-A-Myth” link in the sidebar.