Discovery Education, in partnership with Tribute WTC Visitor Center, is proud to engage students with exclusive curricular content, digital lesson plans and live webcasts in commemoration of the tenth anniversary of September 11, 2001.
Discovery Education will host four events in cities closely affected by the events of that day.
We invite you to register for a free web event to commemorate the tenth anniversary of September 11th
The webcasts will celebrate the courage of one nation, four communities, and the thousands of individuals affected on 9/11. They will also highlight the innovations, rebuilding, and resurgence that have ascended in the aftermath.
Sign up now for these online events (September 7, 9, 12, and 13) at discoveryeducation.com/911/
- Preview of Discovery Channels’ RISING: REBUILDING GROUND ZERO
- Introduction by Moderator
- Panel Discussion
- Interactive Q & A from Students
*Due to the sensitivities involved in this discussion of events surrounding 9/11, this program is intended for high school age students and older. This discussion contains commentary and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Discovery Education, Inc.
Join us via webcast this week and next as we preview RISING: REBUILDING GROUND ZERO, followed by a live panel discussion and interactive Q & A session for each site. To register for any of the free webcasts or to explore our related resources, see http://www.discoveryeducation.com/911/.
Explore Discovery Education for additional multimedia resources on the topic of September 11th. Content resources include:
- 9/11 Theme Page available to Discovery Education STREAMING subscribers that focuses on topics like Americans’ Rights, terrorism, and our government
- 9/11 Discussion Guides
- Free educational resources from our partners, including an interactive 9/11 timeline and September 11th Personal Stories of Transformation
- A virtual student response form, where students are encouraged to explain how 9/11 affected them and will shape their lives as a future global citizen
Will teaching about the events of 9.11 be part of your instruction in the coming days? If so, would you share what you are doing? Answer a few questions here.