Looking for a fun way to engage your students as well as get them active and excited about their learning?
EXPLORE INTEGRATING THE ARTS!
Arts integration combines content and skills from the arts – dance/movement, music, theatre and the visual arts – with other core subjects in a seamlessly blended lesson plan. It’s a GREAT way to get the students up and moving.
Integrating the Arts promotes:
- Multiple intelligences and individual learning styles
- Development of critical thinking, decision-making, and creativity
- Cooperative learning and social skills
- Facilitates application of content and skills to students’ everyday life
Q: How can I integrate the arts?
A: Let Discovery Education help you!
1. Search for a topic. Ex: Continents
2. Narrow your search results by selecting the grade you teach.
3. Choose “+more” under Media Type to view all options.
4. Choose from one of the following categories (if available for your topic): song, audio, or other.
5. Browse through results and select a resource.
Make Learning the Continents Fun – Social Studies/Art
Have your students work together to make a mural of the 7 continents using different colors and fabrics to represent the continents and oceans.
Learning Numbers – Math/Music/Movement
Get your students up and moving with this fun song and dance that teaches them how to count by 5’s.
Food Pyramid Rap – Health/Music
Have your students gather in groups and create a 30 second song about the food pyramid and healthy eating choices.
After you create a lesson plan INTEGRATING THE ARTS, comment on this blog and tell us all about it!