Joing the posse and ride into Dodge City, Kansas on February 11, 2012 (Saturday). Even though, Wyatt Earp, “Bat” Masterson, Gunsmokes’ Matt Dillon will not be present, the members of the Kansas Discovery Education Leadership Council will be. Those interested, ride into town and meet us at Dodge City Middle School (2000 6th Avenue).
View Larger Map
The day will start at 9 a.m. with opening statement and an overview of the process for educators to become a “STAR Educator”. Following the opening session, participants will have the opportunity to participate in multiple sessions throughout the day. The sessions being offered are:
- Building For Differentiated Instruction – Using the builders to create Writing Prompts, Quizzes, and Assignments for classes and individuals.
- Fluid Classrooms (Focusing on EPUBS & media integration)
- Establishing Classroom Management – Using the Classroom Manager to create classes and manage student work in DE Streaming.
- Creating a Digital Resource Kit – Organizing resources identified in searches in folders as well as shared locations.
- Interacting with DE via Interactive Whiteboard Applications – Tips and tricks to using media and resources available the Discovery Education website.
So, those interested in saddling up and joining the posse in Dodge City. Be sure to register for the event and learn from the members of the Kansas Discovery Education Leadership Council.