Kindergarten through second grade teachers may engage their students through DE streaming’s 25 minute full video titled “Animal Alphabet.” This video cleverly uses the animal kingdom to teach students their alphabet. You can also use this video’s segments to engage students–one letter at a time.
Every Friday for the next few weeks we will be mapping out a lesson plan for you in sets of 2-3 letters at a time. You can download each of these images from DE streaming by selecting “image” as the media type. All you have to do is search for “ant” and select the media type as “image” and you will get an image gallery to choose from.
A-B-C Lesson Plan
1. Play segments A-C from the video Animal Alphabet on DE streaming.
2. Have students practice writing the letters A-C.
3. Explain each animal’s characteristics.
4. Read aloud each question listed in the “A-B-C Verbal” quiz below, and let the class collectively answer the questions.
I assure you, the kids will have a blast!
The quiz below has been modified to suit kindergarten through second grade students. The full quiz can be found under DE streaming. This quiz coincides with the video titled “Animal Alphabet” and can be found under the video’s related materials.
A-B-C Verbal Quiz
1. What letter does ant begin with?
2. How do ants clean the ground?
3. What letter does bison begin with?
4. What is another name for bison?
5. What letter does crocodile begin with?
6. Where do crocodiles spend a lot of their time?
Tweet us your answers for questions #2, 4 and 6 @DESupportStars or comment right on this blog post! We will be randomly selecting one winner from Twitter and one winner from our Blog – Cache and Cookies on Monday, August 27, 2012 and the winner will receive a Discovery Education Prize Pack!
Also, be sure to check back next Friday for a continuation of our Animal Alphabet series!