This is Open House at the DEN and I cannot say enough about how much this powerful network has increased my professional learning network. The very first DE event I attended was in Memphis, TN over eight years ago. I was amazed at all of the resources that Discovery Education provided me with my position as an Instructional Technology Specialist. From the moment I signed up to become a STAR educator, I immediately became connected to other talented educators. Here are some of my highlights of my DEN experiences:
- Attending over 10 different Days of Discovery where I connected with other educators that were willing to share their expertise.
- Presenting at over five different Days of Discovery where I shared the ways I use Discovery Education with both teachers and students.
- Becoming part of the Connecticut Leadership Council for Discovery Education and collaborating with teachers and educational technology specialists throughout the state and other states as well.
- Watching webinars and learning new tools that I can share with teachers in my district.
- Presenting virtually through the Second Life DEN island to educators from around the world!
- Making connections with other classrooms to share activities virtually with our students.
- Reading DEN blogs and always learning at least one NEW thing each time I visit the blog.
- Increasing my connections on Twitter because of the DEN which results in additional resources I can share with my teachers.
I am honored to be a part of the best educational network a teacher could ever ask for! Thank you Discovery for all that you do for us!