1. sheryl Robert said:

I do this with de clips. I sometimes will show a clip without sound, have students write in the left column, repeat with sound. It helps them pay more attention to details.

2. Tracie Belt said:

Great article, Jannita. i agree that journaling is a great way for students to process language and thinking. Processing is what helps our students make sense of what they are learning and connect it to prior learning. Drawing pictures also help students clarify their thinking. Thanks for sharing this strategy. I really enjoy S.O.S. thanks for keeping us up to date on some wonderful learning strategies.

3. Jannita said:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Sheryl, that is a great idea with the silent videos! Tracie, glad to know you’re enjoying them! Everyone, keep sharing your thoughts!

4. David Doughton said:

This is a great idea. It allows students to use both sides of their brain for writing and creative drawing. Some students that struggle with producing strong sentences can benefit with using pictures for their explanations. It’s something to consider, especially for struggling students.

5. FRANCES SNYYDER said:

I love this and highly recommend this strategy. Just read this article, but did this very thing with my students as young as kindergarten. It was very effective and the students went on to write summaries that were shared with my boss.

6. FRANCES SNYYDER said:

I love this and highly recommend this strategy. I did just read this article, but did this very thing with my students as young as kindergarten. It was very effective and the students went on to write summaries that were shared with my boss.

7. Pingback: DE Summer School: SOS- Journals – DEN Blog Network