This week’s DEN Techformation resource will help you to create an ePortfolio or website using Weebly.com.
* Have you thought about creating an ePortfolio for your kids?
* Have you thought about creating an ePortfolio for yourself?
* Have you wondered how to create an online classroom for your students and parents?
If you have had any of these questions, Weebly.com is coming to the rescue.
This week’s installment of DEN Techformation gives you resources that are geared around using Weebly.com, a free and easy website, to create ePortfolios or websites.
- Weebly is free and easy to use and it allows you to publish your work online: you can create your own personal Professional ePortfolio, an ePortfolio of student work or a collection of lesson plans to share.
- It allows you to drag and drop boxes that can house: pictures, documents, videos, audio recordings, slideshows, presentation slides, etc.
- Use Weebly.com to share links, documents, and websites related to units or your classroom as a whole.
- Use the website as a hub: Any time a student creates anything online, ask them to link to it or upload it to the wiki so that everyone can use it.
- Let your students leave their books at school: With a strong classroom website, you could have a wealth of information available, so much so that students can leave their books at school and access information online.
- Track assignments: If you ask students to put their research on wikis, you can check in on their progress to make sure they’re on the right path.
- Teacher collaboration: Work with other teachers to create lesson plans and collaborative projects.
- Weebly is so easy to use that you can do all of these things and more as you utilize the site to make your classroom transparent. Allow everyone to see the good work that you are doing in your classroom. Help parents to keep track of ongoing work so that they feel knowledgeable and secure.
Below are presentation slides that I delivered at the DENSI2012 EdCamp. The slides contain screenshots that show just how easy it is to create an ePortfolio (or website or blog) using Weebly.com.
Below you will find numerous links to help you create your ePortfolio or online classroom.
- http://www.weebly.com (Weebly home page)
- http://www.weebly.com/features.php (Weebly features)
- http://education.weebly.com/ (Education Weebly home page)
- http://youtu.be/5AqR6vo0pno (Weebly for Education demo video)
- Livebinder with links other Weebly Presentations and Weebly Examples.
- Weebly page with exemplar sites for you to check out http://msbisonline.weebly.com/weebly-for-eportfolios.html
- Referral code to use for 10 extra students http://education.weebly.com/referral.php?KWCBeme8fJKJaGz7
- Slideshow – Presentation Slides for TCEA convention: http://bit.ly/MsBTCEA
- My personal ePortfolio – http://MsBisOnline.weebly.com
- My sample student site – http://SampleEngSite.weebly.com
- http://bit.ly/WeeblyMsB (Weebly.com for ePortfolios Smore Poster)
- http://help.weebly.com/beginners-guide.html (Weebly Beginner’s Guide)
- http://4eportfolios.weebly.com/ (4 Teachers 4eportfolios site)
- http://4eportfolios.weebly.com/4-teachers.html (4eportfolios-What can you do with a Weebly?)
- http://4eportfolios.weebly.com/ways-to-use-weebly.html (4eportfolios-Ways to use Weebly)
Use Weebly to publish your work and share your resources.