If you enjoyed Planet Earth, Life, and Frozen Planet get ready for this new series from the Discovery Channel by engaging your students with a number of opportunities from Discovery Education.
- Take advantage of the special CD/DVD just for STAR Discovery Educators that includes an episode of North America and several songs from the soundtrack. See Chad’s Teacher Appreciation Week Tuesday post.
- If spring fever has you and your students clamoring to get out of the classroom, our virtual field trip series to North America just might be the perfect answer. Join us as we embark on a weekly expedition, beginning May 10th at 1pm ET, to explore the majesty of our awe-inspiring continent. Go live to the Smithsonian National Zoo to meet the animals that make our continent so unique, go behind the scenes with producers of NORTH AMERICA (Discovery’s breathtaking seven part series premiering Sunday, May 19) to learn about their adventures trying to capture the amazing footage in this landmark series, and grab your hiking boots for an insiders’ tour of a US national park. Register today at discoveryeducation.com/northamerica.
- After registering at discoveryeducation.com/northamerica, click on “Classroom Resources” to see the episodes after they premier, and utilize the classroom lesson plans and more within Discovery Education Streaming Plus.
- You can also download “Family Discussion Guides” from discoveryeducation.com/northamerica
- Visit discovery.com/northamerica for more videos and activities
- Take a look at the trailer below: